Welcome to my recipe page!

Just a happy healthy lifestyle :)

Monday, August 6, 2012

Post Workout Chocolate (Almond) Milk


Great healthy alternative to chocolate milk, Gatorade, or "Recovery" drinks!


I started Insanity today and also am coupling the p90x diet into it. I am not into sugary drinks, so the "Recovery" drink they recommend is not something I would purchase. I read somewhere, however, that chocolate milk works as a substitute. Being that this is also super full of bad sugars, I decided to come up with my own! This gives even more protein than regular milk, without the sugar that can make you crash!

8oz unsweetened Almond milk
1/2 Tbs plain cocoa powder
1 tsp raw honey

Tip: Mix honey, cocoa powder, and just a little almond milk until well blended before adding to milk, unless you have one of those awesome shake cups!



No comments:

Post a Comment