Welcome to my recipe page!

Just a happy healthy lifestyle :)

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hot Kale Salad

This recipe I adapted from my pal Laura Gersten!

What You Need:
Approx. 1/2 head of Kale
2-3 oz Goat Cheese (crumbled)
Veggies of your choice, I used:
-1 cup snap peas
- 1/2 cup red peppers
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
1/2 Yellow onion, chopped
1-2 Garlic cloves, minced
Olive Oil
Water
Wok/Large pan
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 lb Meat/Protein of choice - I use shrimp
Parsley (optional)

What To Do:
Put an inch or two of water in a large sauce pan and steam Kale (I chop mine into bite-sized pieces first) until it is cooked down to your liking (I wait until it is very wilted)
Meanwhile, heat oil in your pan and saute garlic and onion until soft, add peppers and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are ALMOST pink. Add snap peas and mushrooms (similar to stir fry - don't want to overdo your veggies!) Add some salt and pepper to taste to both your veggie/shrimp mix and the kale.

In a 2 bowls, separate the kale, and serve veggies/shrimp on top. Add 1-1/2 oz of goat cheese to each dish.

Serve with chopped parsley on top if you wish, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment