Welcome to my recipe page!

Just a happy healthy lifestyle :)

Friday, April 13, 2012

Spinach-Egg Quinoa Breakfast

This is a perfect energy booster for the day.. I make this and last a good 4-5 hours before I have to remind myself that it's lunchtime because I am still very satisfied from breakfast!



What You Need:
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1 cup baby spinach (uncooked)
1 TBS EVOO
1 clove fresh garlic, minced

What To Do:
In a small frying pan, fry your eggs with salt and pepper to taste if you prefer.
In a larger frying pan, heat EVOO, add garlic. Sautee briefly, add spinach and quinoa and sautee until spinach is wilted and quinoa begins to slightly brown and crisp. You may also add salt and pepper to taste, if you prefer, I originally adapted this recipe from one that did not include garlic and I find that the garlic gives it plenty of flavor without having to add salt or pepper. This morning I also added a a quarter of a cup of baby bella mushrooms - delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment