Welcome to my recipe page!

Just a happy healthy lifestyle :)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Coconut Flour Pizza

You are going to think I am insane if you try to do this. You are going to be like "that chick is bat shit crazy and she is not my friend anymore for telling me to try this awful recipe." If you are being strict on eating healthy, though .. this isn't a bad alternative. I'd like to try to improve it further :)

I adapted this from someone else's recipe that I thought was crazy. I mixed it up and made mine a little different.

This is what mine looked like:


What You Need: (ingredients for  crust only)
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 oz parmesan cheese
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
oregano, salt, garlic powder
parchment paper
An oven

What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix together eggs and greek yogurt until well-blended. Add coconut flour and mix until there are no longer lumps. Add baking powder, a tsp or so of oregano, parmesan cheese, and mix thoroughly. 

Take the ridiculously thin mixture.. this will NOT look like dough... and place on parchment paper (if you haven't figured out that you will also need a baking sheet... I have nothing to say to you). Anyway.. place the parchment paper on the baking sheet and make a pizza-like looking shape on it with the mixture. This will literally look like egg on a plate. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

TIP: try rolling up the sides of the parchment paper to hold in the mixture. It will hold on it's own  .. but it may help if you like a thicker crust.

When you take it out of the oven - it should look something like this:


Add toppings of choice. I chose sweet italian sausage, organic red sauce, raw mozzerella cheese, green peppers, white onion, and mushrooms.

4 servings. Obviously you will probably eat 2 of these servings.... as healthy as it is because you can't even feel guilty about it.. so plan accordingly and make enough for your bad self. 

OH and another tip - this pizza is best eaten with a fork and knife as the bottom doesn't get too hard.. especially if you load it up like I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment