Welcome to my recipe page!

Just a happy healthy lifestyle :)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quinoa Stir-Fry



Quinoa is a lovely little treasure I have lately discovered. There are so many different uses for it, one being stir-fry as a substitute for rice. Here's a description, if you haven't seen it before: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=142&tname=foodspice
It has become a staple in my kitchen, I enjoy it much more than brown rice.

What You Need:
1 cup quinoa
1/2 Sweet Onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Veggies of your choice, I used:
  1 cup Snap Peas
  4 oz Sliced White Mushrooms
  1/2 Bell pepper, chopped
Coconut oil
EVOO of your choice
Ground ginger
8 oz of Meat of choice -  I used garlic and pepper marinated steak tips

What To Do:
Cook quinoa according to instructions.

Put coconut oil in pan. Saute vegetables in order of what takes the longest.. that is the key to stir fry! You have to tailor your stirring and frying to the ingredients you are using. I use the onion and the garlic first because I like them soft and want the flavors to infuse in everything else. Then I add peppers because they are the most dense. I also add some ginger white balsamic from my favorite store: Saratoga Olive Oil Company and the ground ginger. Next mushrooms, then finally the snap peas.

Side note: if you are like me and are a fan of "don't crowd your mushrooms" .. do them separate and add them last.

Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment