Welcome to my recipe page!

Just a happy healthy lifestyle :)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paulina's Pancakes!

CELEBRITY POST!
My pal Paulina sent me this recipe!

I made it this morning it was DELICIOUS!

What You Need:
1/3 cup oats
orange zest
Nutmeg
salt
1 apple, sliced into flat medallions and cored
cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg (Paulina used just an egg white, I used the whole egg)
A stove
A microwave
Food processor
Paper towels
raw butter
Frying pan
MAYBE some milk - still testing out that theory
Banana - optional
This is enough for one person - double the recipe if you are eating with a pal, or even more for a family!

What To Do:
In your food processor, grind your oats into flour. Add in salt, zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, grind some more! (I left out orange zest because I didn't have any but I am really excited to try it!) Add egg and grind until batter-like. This is where Paulina added in a banana and pulsed.. as we all know my repulsion with bananas, I left this out. I also found the nutmeg reminded me more of fall. If you're looking for a seasonal fall recipe - this is great with lots of nutmeg! For winter I like it with more cinnamon than nutmeg.

Warm apple slices in the microwave until ALMOST mushy. I put them in for about 1.5 mins.
Pat them dry with a paper towel.

Heat butter in frying pan, dip apples in batter, and fry!

Topping recommendation: pure maple syrup with splash of OJ and orange zest. Again I did not have these ingredients, but I can't wait to try it!

Here is a pic she sent me of hers:

Thanks Paulina! They were delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment