Welcome to my recipe page!

Just a happy healthy lifestyle :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

White Bean and Chicken Chili

What You Need:
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
14.5 oz organic chicken broth
2 diced green fresh chiles
15 oz can white beans
2 ears fresh corn
1 lb diced, cooked chicken meat (shredded for a heavier consistency)
2 large cans diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced

Spices I use:
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin (I put in lots more than that!)
1/2 tsp coriander seed
salt and pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper for spice

What To Do:
Heat coconut oil in large sauce pan, cook garlic and onion until soft.
Stir in broth, tomatoes, chiles, and spices. Bring to a boil, simmer for 10 mins.
Add corn, chicken, beans. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!

If you are not following the BD - a good tip is to use SALSA VERDE instead of one can of the tomatoes - good flavor. I will not be doing this tonight but it is what I normally do - I will let you know how it turns out!

If you'd like, add approx 1 oz of raw cheese on top.

Makes about 8 servings.




No comments:

Post a Comment